Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freedoms

As our nation celebrates on this holiday weekend, I've been reflecting on the various freedoms we have. I am so thankful to be living in the United States and to enjoy the following:

* the freedom to openly worship God

* the freedom to listen to Christian music on the radio

* the freedom to participate in government by voting during elections

* the freedom, as a single woman, to own property

* the freedom to speak my mind and give my opinions

* the freedom to walk outside and go where I wish

* the freedom to enjoy our national and state parks

* the freedom to read any book I choose

* the freedom to live wherever I desire

* the freedom to pursue an education and the career of my choice

I know these freedoms are not available in all countries for all people. I hope we never take them for granted. Happy Independence Day, America!

No comments: