Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Little Annoyances

Life is filled with little annoyances; things that aren't really bad but are frustrating. Here are a few from this week:

1. I had a blog entry totally finished on Monday. But when I pushed the submit button it failed and I lost the entire thing (except for the first two sentences which were all that were auto-saved). Effect: No one will ever read the "Bee Careful" blog post about Tosca's bee sting.

2. After purchasing two birthday cards for my brother-in-law yesterday (one from me and the other from my little niece and nephew which they picked out), I somehow left the bag somewhere in the (huge) Indiana mall. Six dollars!! Effect: I need to make another trip to a card store this week. But my brother-in-law is worth it.

3. In anticipation of new carpeting coming tomorrow, I need to move all the furniture out of two rooms. The futon sofa will not fit through the door, so I need to take it apart tonight AND put it back together later (that's even more frustrating). Effect: My wonderful parents are coming to help me take it apart tonight. Any offers to help put it back together??

4. Mosquitos.

It's only Wednesday; I'm sure there will be additional annoyances throughout the week (hopefully none involving the carpeting, though). I guess it's time to think about the little joys - like spending a day with my niece and nephew and getting my updated laptop back!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Give me a ring, Melanie!!