Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School

Summer is officially over; we had our first day of the new school year today.  Although I love the relaxing pace of summer, there's something nice about getting back into a routine again. It will, however, take a little while to get used to getting up with the alarm clock.  There's an excitement about a new school year: new faces, eager children, a fresh start.  Each year as I pray for my new students and their families I'm awed with the trust I'm given to teach these children about God and His world.  I love teaching second graders and enjoyed meeting them today.  After only one day I can tell it's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

kvz said...

I miss you guys on the other side of town! I miss the families, I miss my old room, I miss the way you do 2nd grade - can I come back? :) Anyway, glad to hear your day went well and your year is looking good - after last year you've earned a break!