Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Afternoon on the Lazy (Muskegon) River

Summer -
       sun, water, family, relaxation, nature ...

We had it all yesterday afternoon as our family meandered down part of the Muskegon River in Newaygo, floating on tubes and enjoying God's creation. My parents hosted this excursion to celebrate my niece and nephew's birthdays (they both love the water!). An originally planned 2.5 hour trip turned into 3+ hours of floating along the current, stopping to collect stones and shells (and watergrass to throw down the adults' backs!), playing in the water, and looking for wildlife.








This part of the Muskegon River holds special memories as my dad's parents had a trailer up here at Old Women's Bend many years ago. My sister and I remember spending time up here when we were kids. It was fun to find "our" island again. We even found their old trailer and dock, although it has changed quite a bit in forty (can that be right?) years.



A wonderful, summer day spent with my parents, sister & brother-in-law, niece, and one of my nephews.



No comments: