Sunday, August 21, 2011

Movie Magic

My niece and nephew celebrated their 10th and 8th birthdays this summer. I took them shopping to pick out their presents and then we made short time-lapse videos using an app on my iphone.

Amanda chose a pottery wheel for her birthday present. It was fun to watch her as she learned how to guide the clay on the wheel; she picked it up quite quickly and remembered a lot from her school art class.


Joey bought a Lego kit - Alien Conquest - which he and I put together. For some reason, the time-lapse video didn't save correctly (at first it ran backwards and ended up only saving part of it). But we had fun, and it actually took less time to put the alien spaceship together than I thought it would.


Joey and I then experimented with the time-lapse feature. Watch carefully - this video is only 6 seconds, but look out for the alien space invasion in the farmyard!


And finally, my parents' gifts to the kids were special outings: Joey went to a NitroJam race at US131 MotorSports Park and Amanda had a horseback riding lesson at Karin's Horse Connection in Grandville, MI. Here's the video highlights of Amanda's horseback riding lesson.


Happy Birthday Amanda and Joey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lovely Blog. Thank you!
DLS