Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Name; New Layout

Summer is my time to “re-do.” I sit back, take stock of things, and decide what needs a change. So far this summer I’ve painted the patio, stained the deck, and I’m in the process of redecorating my bathroom. So why not refresh my blog as well?

Actually, I’ve now been blogging for two years. What started as an experiment in a summer tech course has turned out to be fun and has (hopefully) helped further develop my writing skills. However, I’ve never been happy with my original blog title. “My Life” seemed boring and unimaginative, but I couldn’t think of anything cute or catchy.

During the past few weeks I’ve been trying to come up with a new title; something short and succinct that will capture what I like to write about. I wanted something that will reflect my faith as well as the everyday events I write about.

This new title comes from several different places.
• Proverbs 3:5-6 has long been one of my favorite Bible verses; it’s even cross-stitched in my bedroom. I am so reassured by the fact that God directs my path and is in control of my life.
• I don’t usually enjoy reading allegories, but I loved the book
Hind’s Feet in High Places by Hannah Hurnard. In this allegory of the Christian life, the Shepherd tells Much-Afraid to follow the path he has prepared for her, and she will develop hind’s feet that can leap on the high places. It’s a long and sometimes difficult journey with a joyous transformation at the end. I’m planning on rereading it this summer.
• While in Israel I learned about the sheep paths on the mountains and the importance of staying on the path. This “staying on the path” was reinforced on my backpacking trip to Isle Royale as we carefully picked our way along the muddy path. Anyway, all these thoughts dealing with path converged during the last week, leading to my new blog title:
Feet For The Path.

I want to have feet for the path God has chosen for me. I want to follow His will for my life and trust Him to provide what I need each step along the way. Through the daily and sometimes mundane times, in the difficult and challenging circumstances, and amidst the exciting and joyous events I know God is sovereign and with me. And He will continue to help me develop my “feet” for this path of life that He’s leading me on.

So I’ll continue to write about lessons I’ve learned, thoughts about God and life, special places God might bring me, as well as some of the everyday happenings that maybe you can relate to.


You're welcome to join me; I'd love the company.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nice job on your redo!!! :)

kvz said...

Love the new name! Beautifully chosen...

CharityVL said...

Wonderful idea. I look forward to seeing more of your journey.