Saturday, February 1, 2014

One of Those Things I Never Thought I'd Be Doing ...

climbing up on my roof in the middle of winter to shovel snow!

The snow was 10 inches deep (and heavy). I have never gone on my roof in the winter before, but they're forecasting more snow this weekend (and next week), and it's supposed to be wetter and heavier than what we already have. Since my garage and patio are covered with a flat roof and I don't want to deal with it collapsing, I took the ladder out of the garage and climbed up to shovel the roof. What a great way to spend a Friday afternoon/early evening.



It was a little scary getting up there and I was careful to stay away from the edge, although there was plenty of snow to break a fall. It took an hour and a half to clear the flat part of the roof, but it looks great now.



I finished just as the sun was setting. We'll see how long it takes to get covered again. Oh, the joys of home ownership!


No comments: