Sunday, April 29, 2012

Know the Truth, Love the Truth, Live the Truth

One of the privileges of teaching in a Christian school is sharing the Truth with my students each day. Our society is filled with mixed messages about truth, often from the viewpoint that there is no absolute truth - what is true for one person might not be for another. I want to help my students learn to be discerning when they hear these messages and recognize that there is an absolute truth - God and His Word. And I love our school's theme for this year: Know the Truth, Love the Truth, Live the Truth


I was part of a small committee chosen to develop the theme and plan/write our school's spring program. We focused on each of the three aspects: know, love, and live. Throughout the year we've talked about knowing God through the creation and the Bible and focusing on God's plan for salvation. We've discussed ways we show love to God in gratitude for His love and grace to us. And each grade planned service projects to demonstrate ways to live in thankfulness to God.


The culmination was our school program on April 19. The children (preschool - 4th grade) proclaimed The Truth through song, scripture, instruments, sacred dance, pictures, and narration. It was a beautiful worship experience and I was so blessed to be a part of it.  




This is one of the many reasons I am so thankful for the opportunity to teach in a Christian school.


I was able to videotape parts of the program; below are some video highlights.


Stand on the Rock, Firm Foundation, Hide God's Word


3rd grade liturgical dance (Here With Us, Joy Williams)


Jesus Loves Me (GoFishGuys version)


Service Projects


Go Light Your World
(the final song is "This Little Light of Mine" but I couldn't record it 
as I was leading my class down the aisle)

No comments: