Sunday, May 2, 2010

Random Ramblings

Some totally random thoughts and observations from the last couple of weeks:
  • Two weeks in a row with the same sermon topic - stewardship and finances - makes me wonder what God is trying to tell me. (different churches, different scripture passages, same theme)
  • Four hours of leaning over and across a child's wading pool filled with soil, helping kids plant seeds results in a sore back. (discovered after volunteering for an afternoon at Tulip Time's Kinderplaatz)
  • Weeds multiply faster than rabbits.
  • I can be outgoing and talkative with leadership skills when I'm in familiar surroundings, but in an unfamiliar environment I'm very anxious and shy. So I tend to avoid these type of situations because of fear/discomfort and then get mad at myself for avoiding them. It's very frustrating.
  • I am such a saver that I dutifully add to my pile of Time magazines each Friday when the new one comes in the mail. I know I'll never read them, but I can't throw them away. I'm looking forward to the week when my subscription runs out. Then I'll recycle the whole lot.
  • My dog is losing her hearing, but she is definitely not losing her sight - as evidenced by her incessant barking every time someone walks past our house.
  • I'm getting thicker around the middle. Hopefully, I'll soon be motivated enough to stop it.
  • I think my bike needs new tires. Because, even after putting air in them yesterday, they weren't firm. That makes biking uphill pretty difficult.
  • After wandering through the Art and Craft Fair, I realized I don't need any more "stuff" and bought absolutely nothing.
  • I like Thai food. Had it for the first time last night after reading about a local Tulip Time vendor and decided to support her business. I had the special - Pad Thai - which is a stir-fry with thin noodles, chicken, tofu, green onions, bean sprouts, and peanuts. It was delicious!
  • Watching a group of first graders receive new Bibles is a blessing; hearing one of them read the scripture passage in church is a delight.
  • I love spring - watching nature come to life again after the cold, dark winter. The trees and flowers are beautiful and remind me of God's ever-present care.

No comments: