Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

I'm thankful for so many things! One of the things I'm thankful for is the pure joy I often see in both people and animals. I love watching my second graders as they play at recess and sing in class. I also love watching my dog, Tosca, as she runs and plays with the other dogs at the dog park. I loved seeing the joyful smiles on the faces of the African children I visited as we tried to communicate with each other. And I loved watching two herds of elephants splashing around in a large watering hole at Pilanesberg National Park.

One of the members of our mission team made a short video of some of the elephants. We stood spellbound for about twenty minutes as we watched the elephants rolling around in the water and playing with each other. I'm thankful God allowed us a peek at these gigantic creatures in their natural habitat.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was really neat. Happy Thanksgiving!