Saturday, November 1, 2008

News from South Africa

We arrived safely in South Africa last Saturday morning after a long flight - with an aisle seat!! :) We spent some time in Soweto which was very interesting before heading down to Botshebelo to work at the Lebone Daycare Center. I've met some wonderful people and spent time with all the children at the center. I can't wait to post some pictures when I return. I think the most important thing this trip has done for me so far is to put a face to the AIDS epidemic. I held a little child who is sick with AIDS and hasn't had the medication she needs since July. It's been a very moving experience. It's also been a lot of fun. I taught 2-3 year olds the song "This is the Day." Monday morning I'm going to visit a second grade class at a school in Soweto. Thanks for all your prayers - please continue! Love to all!

2 comments:

kvz said...

So glad to hear from you! It's good to hear that things are going well - I'm sure you're impacting the kids you meet as much as they are impacting you. Enjoy the 2nd graders! :)

Jon Kroeze said...

Your class misses you!! They are eager for updates each day. They are excited to hear you are visiting a second grade class and want to hear all about it.
Love from your students!