Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bethlehem

Earlier this month I attended "The Story Tour," a musical journey from Genesis to Revelation. It was a wonderful evening of worship and reflection, as some leading names in Christian contemporary music sang songs written from the viewpoint of various Bible characters (Moses, Job, Esther, Mary, Paul, etc) against amazing visual backdrops.  The songs varied in musical style, but the lyrics often provided me a new way of thinking about each character.   

One example comes from Mary's song: 

"I'll hold you in the beginning, you will hold me in the end. Every moment in the middle, make my heart your BethlehemBe born in me."

I love that thought. Later on the song says: "The only thing my heart can offer is a vacancy."  That's my prayer this Christmas - to have a heart open to the Savior and His will for my life. Amidst all the hustle and bustle of this time of year, may our hearts be Christ's Bethlehem.


P.S.  The video is six minutes long, but the song is well worth it 
(even the 1+ minute instrumental opening).

No comments: