Thursday, May 19, 2011

Coming To Terms

The shining sun and chirping birds
display a striking contrast to the heaviness in my heart.

Spring - the season of rebirth and new life -
yet I'm filled with sorrow
and pleadings
and questions
and - finally,
acceptance.

You, O God, are Lord.
You are in control.
You are bigger than the box I want to put you in.
You have a master plan.

Your ways are not our ways, O Lord.
I do not understand.
I do not like it.
I still ask Why?
My heart aches.

But I trust.
I trust you because you are God.
I trust you because you are in control.
I trust you because you are bigger than the box I put you in.
I trust you because of your promises.

Spring - a season of new life,
eternal life
resurrection
reunion
the presence of the Son and all who believe

SHINING TOGETHER FOREVER

Continuing to Pray -

No comments: