Saturday, November 13, 2010

Relax

The last two weeks have been very busy with school - first working on report cards and then meeting with parents for parent-teacher conferences. I enjoy meeting with parents as we talk together about their child's strengths and discuss goals for continued growth, but it does make for a very busy week.

And now I can finally relax a bit. It feels good.

My school books sit on the kitchen table, beckoning me to work on next week's lesson plans. And the backyard is again strewn with leaves after I worked so hard earlier this week to finish the yard work (sometimes I think the big, old oak tree just laughs at me as it waits to drop the leaves until after I've finished raking). The laundry (from two weeks) is in piles, waiting to be carried downstairs to the washer. And the vacuum cleaner is still in the front closet.

There's always work to be done. But today I'm relaxing. I'm reading a book. I'm checking out blog sites I haven't visited since summer. I'm playing my favorite Facebook game: Pathwords. I'm making spaghetti for supper. I'm sitting on the sofa with my dog cuddled next to me and reveling in the quiet peacefulness. No immediate pressures. No looming deadlines (at least not this weekend).

There's a time for everything. Today is a time to relax.
Anyone for a cup of hot chocolate?

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's the attitude to have, Melanie! There always seem to be things to do and worrying about them would get us nowhere. Sounds like a nice and cozy day, too bad I missed the hot cocoa!