Tuesday, September 8, 2009

S'Mores Anyone?

School is back in session, and I've been enjoying getting to know my new group of second graders. While we were discussing our summer vacations last week, several students mentioned campfires and making s'mores as one of their favorite summer activities. As we were talking I realized I haven't had a s'more all summer. And the more I started thinking about s'mores, the more I really wanted one. But I don't have any camping plans, and I don't have a fire pit (or a gas stove), so I put the thought out of my mind.

Until...I went grocery shopping over the weekend. Guess what was on sale - right on the aisle - calling to me???

So I went home with all the ingredients to make s'mores ... except the campfire.

That's O.K. I can improvise!





Didn't taste nearly as good as a true, campfire s'more, but it was better than nothing.



P.S. I tried the microwave for the second one. Still doesn't have the full, roasted marshmallow effect, but it was nice and gooey! Maybe I'll have to get a firepit.

1 comment:

kvz said...

Hilarious! However, I like microwave s'mores better than campfire smores - cooked all the way through and not much chance of scorching them:).