Monday, May 25, 2009

Yard Work


Yes - it's finally finished!! All 8 yards of woodchips are finally off my driveway and in the garden where they belong. My lesson learned this year is to wait until after school is out before ordering landscaping materials; it's just too busy to get everything done. After parking my car in the driveway for the last several weeks, I spent much of this weekend putting the yard together. My car is now happily parked inside the garage.

I'm continually adding to the perennial garden in the back yard; this year I bought three light pink coral bells. They're so pretty and delicate, and they look nice right behind the impatiens I get every year. My rose bushes are growing strong and beginning to bud. And I don't know what happened to the hostas, but they're huge! I'm thinking I'll have to divide them and turn another corner of the yard into a garden.


Right now I'm very content to sit on the deck and gaze at the beautiful plants and woodchips. I'm sure I'll be out weeding soon.

Oh - and I saw my first hummingbird this afternoon!! I love this time of year.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hard work produced beauty. It will be nice to see the same pictures after they mature. Keep them coming.

kvz said...

Looks fabulous Melanie! Isn't that the best feeling when it is finally done and cleaned up? We just can't get enough of it over here (insert eye roll here) - we are now working on revamping my parent's landscaping!

CharityVL said...

What are the beautiful red bushes in front of your house? Your place looks fabulous!